Mark Jenkins, Professor Emeritus, has had a long professional career in New York, Hollywood, and regional theatres around the country. He made his professional debut with the New York Shakespeare Festival and has worked on Broadway and off-Broadway. His film and television credits include The Andromeda Strain, Riverrun, Apocolypse Now; guest starring roles on many major television series: Hawaii Five-0, Then Came Bronson, Medical Center, The FBI, Barnaby Jones, etc. Regional theatre roles include playing Biff in Death of a Salesman at Seattle Rep, Still Life, Husbandry, and The Waverly Gallery at The Empty Space Theatre; The Wild Duck, A Doll's House, Duet for One and The Seahorse at Intiman, Cat's Paw at the Old Globe, etc. He played Hans Blix in the 2007 production of David Hare's Stuff Happens at ACT in Seattle and plays an ex-KGB spy in the forthcoming feature The Spy and the Sparrow, recently shown at the Seattle International Film Festival.; He is a life-time member of the Actors Studio and co-founded Seattle's Freehold Theatre Lab in 1991. He has collaborated with Russian Stanislavski master, Leonid Anisimov in Russia, Japan and the U.S. and with the Ilkhom Theatre in Tashkent Uzbekistan. He was instrumental in bringing the Ilkhom Theatre company to Seattle's ACT Theatre and to the UW in the spring of 2008 and is returning to Ilkhom to work and teach in the summer of 2009. His McCarthy era play All Powers Necessary and Convenient has been produced by the School of Drama and was published by the University of Washington Press.
Mark retired from the UW in June 2018.
Representative Creative Work
- Mark Jenkins appeared as Sorin in The Seagull, in Tashkent.
- Mark Jenkins. Sorin,in The Seagull. The Seagull Project, ACT Theatre, Seattle, and Ilkhom Theatre, Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- Mark Jenkins, playwright. Red Earth, Gold Gate, Shadow Sky. Recipient New Play Award, ACT Theatre, 2013.
- Mark Jenkins, playwright. All Powers Necessary and Convenient. University of Washington Press, 2000.
- Mark Jenkins appeared in Hawaii Five-O. Seasons 1971-1974
- Mark Jenkins, actor. New York Shakespeare Festival, Broadway, off-Broadway.
- Mark Jenkins, "Uncle Vanya." Uncle Vanya. Russia, Japan, US.
- Mark Jenkins, founder. Freehold Theatre Lab Studio.
Summer 2012 A-term
- Faculty and Alumni News - Fall 2016 - October 12, 2016
- Summer Plans 2015 - June 8, 2015
- The Seagull Project Flies to Uzbekistan - Mark Jenkins - June 16, 2014
- Mark Jenkins and The Seagull Project Tour Tashkent - June 16, 2014
- New Play Reading with Mark Jenkins - May 6, 2014
- Stories of Cambodian returnees form basis of play by Drama school prof - November 1, 2011
- Red Emptiness: Islam, Politics and Performing Arts in Indonesia - December 11, 2015 - 6:00pm
- Theatre from the Inside Out: Mark Jenkins - New Play Reading - May 13, 2014 - 6:00pm
- Looking Up at Down: Plays from the Great Depression - February 18, 2010 to February 28, 2010
- The Quick Change Room - December 1, 2008 to December 14, 2008
- Black Snow - October 15, 2006 to October 29, 2006