This comp policy applies to School of Drama mainstage productions ONLY. It does not cover student lab projects, UTS shows, or anything else.
The following students are entitled to a "Drama Major" comp card:
- Drama majors and declared pre-majors
- Musical Theater majors
- Drama MFA students
- Drama PhD students
The Major Card entitles its bearer to ONE (1) complimentary ticket per mainstage season show. The ticket can be used for any performance. There are four ways to get that ticket:
- Go to the ArtsUW Ticket Office in person, show your major card, get your physical ticket. The ArtsUW Ticket Office is located right next to the Jones Playhouse. They are open 11 AM – 6 PM Monday – Friday
- Call the ArtsUW Ticket Office, give them your code, get your ticket (which you will then pick up at the theatre). Their number is 206-543-4880
- Go online to artsuw.org, find the show you want to attend, input the show-specific code in the Promotion Codes box (it is very important to do this before you select your date), select your date. On the next page, you will see an option in the ticket type menu called Drama Majors (this will only appear if you have entered the code on the previous page). The price will be $0.00. Select 1 ticket. Check out. Pick up your ticket at the will call window at the theatre.
- Bring your Major Card to the walk-up ticket window at the theatre on the night you want to attend. They open one hour prior to show time. If there are still tickets available, you can get one then.
DO NOT LOSE YOUR MAJOR CARD. Ticket sellers are not allowed to issue comps without them. Graduate students and PhD students can get their major cards from Anne Stewart in the Production Office. Undergraduate Drama majors and MT majors can get their major cards from Eloise Boyle in the Advising Office.
WHEN YOU ARE INVOLVED IN A SHOW
When you are involved in a mainstage production as:
- an actor
- a designer
- a director or assistant director
- a stage manager or assistant stage manager
you are entitled to two additional comps (on top of your major comp) that you can use for yourself or give away to friends and family. You will reserve those comps by emailing Holly Arsenault at email@example.com with the date you would like them for and the name or names under which you would like the comps to be left. Comp requests must be made at least 24 hours in advance. All weekend comp requests must be submitted no later than 3:00 PM on the Friday prior. DO NOT ASK ON-SITE TICKET SELLERS TO ISSUE COMPS. They are not allowed to. If you forget to reserve comps, you must purchase tickets.
Crew, design assistants, and others involved in the show are not entitled to additional comps. Designers and directors who have an academic need to see the show multiple times can request additional comps for that purpose.