Revised June, 1996
Budget Allocation and Scenery Stock
The following policy will govern the allocation of funds for the purchase of specific items as listed:
- Consumable props - i.e., cigarettes
Perishable Props - food, candy, liquids, etc. Consumable Props
- Hand props and set props - i.e. canes
Eyeglasses, a table service, mantle clock Designer Funds - (Costume or Scenery as applicable)
- Special make-up - i.e., fluorescent,
Extensive body painting, prosthetics, etc. Costume Designer Funds
- Wigs or dye-jobs Costume Designer Funds
- Haircuts Costume Designer Funds
The following policy will govern the determination of units or pieces of scenery or stage dressing which are to be saved from a production and added to the scenery stock.
The Scene Shop Manager will make a final determination as to the actual saving of all stock scenery, guided by these criteria:
- Available storage space for the unit or piece.
- The number, quality and condition of similar items on hand.
- Recommendations from design department.
Production Policy Memo #7, first established circa 1970's
Subsequent revisions: August 1983; October 1986
Executive Committee approval: May 21, 1996
Faculty Approval: 6/3/96