Our location in Seattle, one of the great theatre cities of the world, and in a region noted for creative entrepreneurship, makes our school a unique place to learn, work, and perform.
Seattle is one of the nation’s most creative cities. It embraces diverse cultures and creative ideas and offers unlimited opportunities to experience a myriad of performing, visual, and literary arts. There is a thriving theatre community boasting 6 large professional theatres and more than one hundred other producing theatres of all shapes and sizes.
In addition to this abundance of arts, Seattle is surrounded by natural grandeur. With the Puget Sound outside of its front door, and surrounded by Lake Union, and Lake Washington, the area is an unmatched water sports capital. Two mountain ranges are within easy driving distance, offering hiking and mountaineering year round and there are winter ski resorts within an hour of downtown.
In essence, Seattle provides the best of both worlds—where rugged meets refined in our exceptional city.
Arts and Culture:
- Theatre Puget Sound - A trade and service organization serving Seattle Theatre and Seattle Theatre artists.
- Seattle Theaters
- Performing arts, visual arts, museums and festivals
- Arts UW
- Seattle Art Museum
Outdoor Recreation and Sports:
- The Stranger- Seattle's free, weekly alternative arts and culture newspaper.
- The Seattle Weekly - Local information for Seattle area, including classifieds, film and restaurant reviews, event listings, feature and arts articles, travel.
- The Seattle Used Bookstore Guide - If you like to read and save money, this is the list.
- Seattle Public Library
- King County Library
- Local weather forecast from NOAA