This year, for the first time ever, the School of Drama's graduation ceremony will be held as a virtual event!
*******THIS IS NOT A PUBLIC EVENT*********
RSVP is required for all attendees. Graduating students and School of Drama faculty and staff, please RSVP to Eloise Boyle by May 31st: email@example.com.
If you are a School of Drama BA, MFA, or PhD, or a Musical Theater major, who will receive your degree between Summer 2019 and Summer 2020, you are invited to participate in the School of Drama graduation ceremony.
- What is the deadline to RSVP? May 31st.
- Do I have to wear a cap and gown? No. You may wear whatever you like. Some students do choose to wear cap and gown, but most do not. For information on purchasing a cap and gown to be shipped to your home, visit the UW Graduation website.
- Can I invite guests? Yes! Each student can invite up to four guests. Students may also request up to four additional tickets. These additional tickets are not guaranteed. Requests will be fulfilled on a space-available basis.
- Do the tickets cost money? No.
- What is the platform for graduation? We are still working out the best virtual platform for our ceremony. This page will be updated once we have an answer.
- Will I receive my actual diploma? No. You will receive a personalized certificate from the School of Drama in the mail in advance of our ceremony, along with some other celebratory items. Official diplomas come from UW and are delivered by mail following graduation.
- Can I participate in more than one commencement ceremony? Yes. You can participate in the School of Drama graduation as well as the main University of Washington commencement on June 13th. (Register for UW Commencement here.) If you have multiple majors or are earning multiple degrees, you may also participate in multiple departmental ceremonies. It's up to you which ceremonies you choose to attend.
- Will 2020 graduates be invited to participate in the 2021 School of Drama graduation ceremony? Yes. Presuming we are able to hold an in-person event in 2021, 2020 graduates will be invited to participate.