Grad Student Payroll, Insurance, Travel Funding

Jump to:

Payroll and forms:

The Arts and Humanities Shared Services office is the place you need to go in order to get into the payroll system. They are open 8am-5pm, but closed during lunch 12-1pm. To make sure that someone will be there please call ahead and make an appointment, their phone number is 206-221-9266.

In order to put you in the payroll system, you will need to complete certain forms, you can fill them out and take them to the Shared Services office. They will also have forms there, so don't worry if you can't print ahead of time.

  • INS I-9 form: (PDF) They will need to see your ID in person, see page 5 of this form to see what kind of ID you need to bring with you.
  • IRS W-4 Form - you will fill this out once you're in the payroll system, log in to MyUW, then go to the Working tab, then Employee Self Services. You'll be able to put in your address at the same time, please do that so that tax records and other info will get to you.
  • Affirmative action data form: This form can be filled out online once you have a UW NetID.

    International students will need to fill out additional forms and follow the directions posted by the International Students and Scholars Office to get a Social Security Number

Call Sue at (206)543-0714 or e-mail if you have any questions.


The UW is on a quarterly system. For payroll purposes payday is on the week-day closest to the 10th and 25th of each month

  • Autumn quarter payroll is September 16-December 15, and paydays are October 10 and 25, November 10 and 25, December 10 and 24.
  • Winter quarter payroll is December 16-March 15, and paydays are January 10 and 25, February 10 and 25, March 10 and 25.
  • Spring quarter payroll is March 16-June 15, and paydays are April 10 and 25, May 10 and 25, June 10 and 25.

Direct deposit:

Direct deposit of your pay check is available by following these directions.  Please note: this is separate from signing up for direct deposit of your financial aid.


Job Descriptions for Academic Student Employee (ASE) appointments

Travel funding application

Grad Travel Request - on line application

You may apply for funding to help cover the cost of attending a conference by submitting a grad travel request on line. This funding will cover airfare only (up to $300 for domestic flights, up to $500 for international). Please submit the travel request form to the School's administrator, Kathy Burch, at least 6 weeks before you expect to travel.