This page will continue to be updated. Last modified: 11/10/2021.
Please note: The use of strobe lighting is used in the performance. It will require extra time to enter the Jones Playhouse because of our COVID-19 vaccination or test result checking at the door. We strongly encourage audiences plan to arrive 30 to 60 minutes early.
Before you leave your house:
- Grab your mask and proof of COVID-19 vaccination (or negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of the performance).
Masks and proof of vaccination are required for all ages, including children.
UW students, faculty, and staff: A Husky identification card is NOT acceptable as proof of vaccination.
- Please review the ArtsUW COVID-19 Safety Policies prior to the performance.
- Download the Pay by Phone app. If you are planning on parking in the Meany garage, you will need this app to pay for parking. We recommend downloading the app before arriving, as reception in the garage is poor. If you prefer, you may also pay on the PayByPhone website. Learn more and download the app.
- Wear clothing to stay warm and dry. COVID-19 vaccines and negative tests will be checked outside. Be prepared to wait outside in potentially cold and rainy weather.
At the theater:
- Lobby opens 1 hour prior to the start of the performance. Will Call options will be limited.
- Food and beverage service will not be available.
- Late seating is not guaranteed.
Please allow extra time to travel to the theater the following days:
- Nov. 6: A UW Football game is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. This will impact parking options and traffic.
- Nov 20-21: The Montlake Bridge will be closed from Friday at 11 p.m. to Monday at 5 a.m.
If you are attending The Importance of Being Earnest, you are welcome to park in the Meany Garage:
- Enter through the main entrance for the Central Plaza Garage at 15th and 41st. All other entrances will be closed.
- Patrons can park anywhere in the garage, however, we will reserve the C3/C5 sections specifically for The Importance of Being Earnest audiences.
- The cost will be $12 either at the CPG gatehouse or via Pay By Phone using #123211 (Pay by Phone signage will reflect that number as well).
There are also several surface lots and on-street parking within walking distance.
For more parking rates and information, go to https://meanycenter.org/visit/directions or call 206-616-8710.
Need Help With Your Tickets?
Contact the ArtsUW Ticket Office
Phone: 206-543-4880 or 800-859-5342
Phone hours are 12–4 p.m., M–F