Predoc Instructor Job Description
|Course Name:||DRAMA 103 Theatre Appreciation|
|Curricular Purpose||Drama 103 introduces non-major students to the art and practice of live theatre, via an on-line course.
Drama 103 also counts as a VLPA course.
- Complete canvas training session
- Serve as ‘course administrator’ and ‘grader’ for the pre-established lectures and course content
- Make a general announcement at the beginning of each week regarding assignments, additional feedback, reminders,
- Grade all assignments within 7-14 days after submission
- Review the make-up assignment, re-write, and plagiarism case rules laid out in the syllabus.
- Become familiar with Drama 103 course and site
- Arrange for students to get textbook/materials through bookstore or publisher
- Sign up for and maintain necessary instructor accounts with publisher of electronic textbook/resources used in the course
- Update and upload the course calendar
- Update and upload the course syllabus
- On the Canvas site, set the quarter specific due dates/times for assignments
- Determine which productions in Seattle your students will be required to see, analyze and update syllabus and Canvas page with show information, including links to ticketing sites
|Assigned Course||Drama 103|
|Faculty member or supervisor to whom the ASE will report||Scott Magelssen|
|Procedures used for evaluation (if any)||
SCHOOL OF DRAMA TEACHING ASSISTANTS
If the evaluator concludes that the TA is not meeting departmental criteria for teaching competence, then s/he will work with the TA to determine a specific, written plan for addressing the TA’s teaching difficulties.
A TA should feel free at any time to give input to the observation process. Any appeal, should one feel the need to appeal the outcome of any decision based on the observation, should follow procedures outlined in Executive Order 28. This appeal would begin with contacting the Executive Director of the School.
Criteria to be used in the evaluation will include at least the following:
|Course meeting times and location||online course|
|The maximum number of students for which the ASE will be responsible||Approximately 50|
|Office hours (if applicable)||TBA by TA|
|Training programs (if applicable)||Center for Teaching and Learning, TA training for new TAs|
|Work location||Office in Hutchinson Hall, room 301|