*******THIS IS NOT A PUBLIC EVENT*********
RSVP is required for all attendees. Graduating students and School of Drama faculty and staff, please RSVP to Eloise Boyle by May 31st: email@example.com.
If you are a School of Drama BA, MFA, or PhD, or a Musical Theater major, who will receive your degree between Summer 2018 and Summer 2019, you are invited to participate in the School of Drama graduation ceremony.
4:15 PM: Graduates arrive at Jones Playhouse for rehearsal
4:30 PM: House opens for seating
5:00 PM: Graduation ceremony
6:00 PM: Reception
Graduates must arrive at the Jones Playhouse no later than 4:15 PM for rehearsal.
- What is the deadline to RSVP? May 31st.
- Do I have to wear a cap and gown? No. You may wear whatever you like. Some students do choose to wear cap and gown, but most do not. For information on purchasing a cap and gown, visit the UW Graduation website.
- Can I invite guests? Yes! Each student can invite up to four guests. Students may also request up to four additional tickets. These additional tickets are not guaranteed. Requests will be fulfilled on a space-available basis.
- Do the tickets cost money? No.
- What time do I need to be there? Graduates should arrive at the Jones Playhouse by 4:15 for a brief rehearsal.
- Can my guests come to rehearsal? The house will not be open for seating, but your guests are welcome to sit in the lobby while you rehearse. The house will open at 4:30.
- Will I receive my actual diploma? No. You will receive a personalized certificate from the School of Drama. Official diplomas are delivered by mail following graduation.
- Is there a reception? Yes! There will be a short reception with cake and festive beverages following the ceremony.
- Can I participate in more than one commencement ceremony? Yes. You can participate in the School of Drama graduation as well as the main University of Washington commencement on June 15th. (Register for UW Commencement here.) If you have multiple majors or are earning multiple degrees, you may also participate in multiple departmental ceremonies. It's up to you which ceremonies you choose to attend.