Floyd and Delores Jones Playhouse

4045 University Way NE - Google Map
  • Lobby of the Jones Playhouse
    Lobby of the Jones Playhouse. Photography by Tom Dempsey.
  • Interior panorama of seating from the stage in the Jones Playhouse.
    Interior panorama of seating from the stage in the Jones Playhouse. Photography by Tom Dempsey.
  • Interior panorama of the stage in the Jones Playhouse with sets for The Tempest
    Interior panorama of the stage in the Jones Playhouse. Sets for production of The Tempest being built. Photography by Tom Dempsey.
  • Interior view of seating from the catwalk in the Jones Playhouse
    Interior view of seating from the catwalk in the Jones Playhouse. Photography by Tom Dempsey.
  • Students working with the lighting equipment in Jones Playhouse
    Students working with the lighting equipment in the Jones Playhouse. Photography by Tom Dempsey.
  • Dressing room of the Jones Playhouse
    Dressing room of the Jones Playhouse. Photography by Tom Dempsey.

Originally a storehouse and remodeled into a theater in 1930, the Floyd and Delores Jones Playhouse (originally called the Seattle Repertory Playhouse), was the very first state-sponsored theater in the nation and was home to WPA projects and the Negro Federal Theater Projects.  It has a thrust stage and seats 210.

Located at 4045 University Way NE.
Campus Map for the Jones Playhouse

Renovated, renamed Floyd and Delores Jones Playhouse reopening with Thornton Wilder's classic 'Our Town'
(University Week article; February 26, 2008)