For a program overview and application instructions, see About the PhD Program.
- Qualifying exam
- General exams
- Setting up your doctoral supervisory committee
- Final exam, dissertation submittal
- Satisfactory progress information
- Language Requirement, outside classwork
- Going on leave
- PhD Handbook
Rules and Policies
- Building security, housekeeping, maintenance
- Student Counseling Center
- School of Drama Policies
Outside Resources - Conference and job announcements
- Conference and publication opportunities (Center for Performance Studies)
- UW Career Center, which has a calendar of events, Letters of Recommendation Service, etc.
- Simpson Center for the Humanities sponsors lectures, conferences and other programs in the humanities. They sponsor programs designed to assist graduate students in their research and professional development. Students from a range of departments within the humanities and social sciences are eligible for support.
- Graduate School list of resources.
Financial Information - Employment, Travel Funding, Aid, Tuition
- Payroll and forms page
- Graduate Student Scholarships from the School of Drama
- Graduate School Executive Order 28
- Health Insurance (GAIP - for grad student with assistantships)
- Health insurance (when you don't have an assistantship)
- Job Descriptions
- Office of Student Financial Aid - for graduate students
- Outside Funding - the UW's Graduate Funding Information Service
- School of Drama Policy Memo on appointments
- Travel funding procedure and application form
- Tuition rates
- Union contract
- Washington State Residency
Important Information for Incoming Students
- Washington State Residency.
- Register to vote
- Car licensing & Driver's license/Washington state ID: Info on how, where and when you can get your car and driver's license, or Washington State ID.