Geoff Korf is the Executive Director of the School of Drama and a Floyd U. Jones Family Endowed Professor of Lighting Design. Professor Korf, who teaches lighting design, joined the UW Drama faculty in 2002, and served as Head of Design from 2004 until 2017. Professor Korf leads the school’s production activities, which include presenting a six-show main stage season in three spaces on the UW-Seattle campus, as well as numerous smaller productions throughout the year. Professor Korf holds the Floyd and Delores Jones Endowed Professorship in the Arts.
Geoff received an MFA from the Yale School of Drama, and has taught at California Institute of the Arts, Southern California Institute of Architecture, and the University of Michigan. Professor Korf has been designing lighting for more than thirty years and has designed for many prominent theatres throughout the U.S.A. including on Broadway, at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Seattle Rep, The Guthrie Theatre, The Goodman Theatre, Berkeley Repertory, San Francisco Opera, The Old Globe, La Jolla Playhouse, and the Mark Taper Forum. Geoff has been a member of the Ensemble of Cornerstone Theater in Los Angeles since 1996. Geoff has also designed lighting for a number of museums including the Huntington Library’s main exhibit of rare books.
Representative Creative Work
- Design (2015). Mr. Burns by Anne Washburn. ACT: Seattle, WA.
- Geoff Korf, lighting designer. "Remarkable Works, Remarkable Times: Highlights from the Huntington Library," Permanent exhibit, Huntington Library, San Marino, CA, 2013.
- Geoff Korf, lighting designer. The Shaggs, Philosophy of the World. Playwrights Horizons, New York, NY, 2011.
- Geoff Korf, lighting designer. The Night Watcher. Seattle Repertory Theatre, Center Theatre Group, Primary Stages, 2008-2011.
- Hamlet at Seattle Shakespeare Company, Seattle, WA.
- Glengarry Glen Ross. (2010). d. Wilson Milam. Seattle Repertory Theatre: Seattle, WA.
- Geoff Korf, lighting designer. The Seafarer. Seattle Repertory Theatre, 2009.
- Geoff Korf, lighting designer. High School Musical. Minneapolis Children's Theatre, 2007.
- Geoff Korf, lighting designer. Los Illegals. Cornerstone Theatre Company, Los Angeles, CA, 2007.
- Geoff Korf, lighting designer. Electricidad. Center Theatre Group, Mark Taper Forum. 2005.
- Geoff Korf, lighting designer. Long Bridge over Deep Waters . Faith Based Bridge. Cornerstone Theatre Company, Los Angeles, CA, 2005.
- Geoff Korf, lighting designer. The Clean House. Yale Repertory Theatre, 2004.
- Geoff Korf, lighting designer. La Perichole. Long Beach Opera, 2003.
- Geoff Korf, lighting designer. The Cosmonaut's Last Message to the Woman he Loved in the Former Soviet Union. La Jolla Playhouse, 2000.
- Geoff Korf, lighting designer. Two Trains Running. Walter Kerr Theatre, Broadway, 1992.
- Geoff Korf, lighting designer. Water by the Spoonful. Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Thomas Theatre, 2014.
- End of Year Letter from the Director - June 22, 2021
- 3 Seattle Schools Give COVID Collab a College Try - February 23, 2021
- Uncharted Waters: a brand new city-wide theatrical collaboration - February 2, 2021
- Congratulations the 2019 UW Drama Gregory Award Nominees! - September 19, 2019
- Announcing our 2019 - 2020 season! - June 3, 2019
- UW Drama Family Members Nominated for Seattle Theater Writers Awards - January 29, 2019
- Audition for Romeo and Jules! - January 16, 2019
- Announcing our 2018 - 2019 Mainstage Seaon! - May 17, 2018
- New year, new faculty appointments at UW Drama - September 28, 2017
- Alumni News—October 2015 - October 20, 2015
- Faculty and Alumni Achievements, Fall 2015 - October 12, 2015