Jeffrey Fracé is a veteran theater artist with more than 100 professional credits in the past 25 years as either an actor, director, writer, or producer. Best known as an actor, he is a former Associate Artist of Anne Bogart’s SITI Company, performing, touring, and teaching with the company for over 10 years. Recent acting credits include The Life Model at On the Boards, Betrayal at North Coast Rep in California, and Rapture, Blister, Burn; Celebration and Old Times (Pinter Festival); and Lieutenant of Inishmore, all at ACT Theatre in Seattle. Other credits include the Kennedy Center, New York Shakespeare Festival, American Repertory Theatre, Actors Theatre of Louisville, Alabama Shakespeare Festival, Nashville Shakespeare Festival, Stonington Opera House, Cleveland Public Theatre, Chopin Theatre Chicago, La MaMa ETC and the Iberoamericano Festival of Bogota. His directing credits include Merry Wives of Windsor, Measure for Measure, As You Like It, Hamlet, Macbeth and Romeo & Juliet for Stonington Opera House; Mother Courage and Her Children and 1984 for People's Branch Theatre; Romeo & Juliet and A Midsummer Night's Dream for Arkansas Shakespeare Theatre; Don Giovanni for New York Repertory Ensemble. His original work/devised performance credits include The Life Model at On the Boards; 10 Real Star Acts at Stonington Opera House; and Once Upon a Time 6x in the West, Harp Song for a Radical, Barbarians and Untying My Cement Shoes for University of Washington; plus, independently produced adaptations of King Lear, and Camus’ The Stranger. He is a founding member of the award-winning ensemble Conni's Avant Garde Restaurant, writing for and performing in their original shows in New York and nationally. Originally from Nashville, Tennessee, he worked in Chicago for four years before relocating to New York City, where he received his MFA from Columbia University. He is now based in Seattle, where he teaches acting, directing, movement, and devising theater in the MFA program at University of Washington.
Representative Creative Work
- The Life Model. OtB Performance Production Program, at the Merrill Wright Main Stage. Jan 14-17, 2016.
- Betrayal. North Coast Repertory Theatre. June 3-28, 2015.
- Conni's Avant Garde Restaurant. CTP at Gordon Square Theatre. December 4-21, 2014.
- Rapture, Blister, Burn. ATC in Seattle. July 12-August 11, 2013
- The Lieutenant of Inishmore. ACT Theatre. 2010
Summer 2019 A-term
Summer 2015 A-term
Summer 2013 B-term
- New Year, New Faculty and Staff Appointments in the School of Drama - November 4, 2019
- Announcing our 2019 - 2020 season! - June 3, 2019
- Running Now: As You Like It - February 15, 2017
- Summer Plans 2016 - June 20, 2016
- Alumni & Faculty News, Winter 2016 - January 7, 2016
- Finding time for rest in an industry of feast or famine - August 20, 2015
- Review of Betrayal, starring Jeffrey Fracé (Assistant Professor), at North Coast Rep - June 10, 2015
- Summer Plans 2015 - June 8, 2015
- Harp Song inspired by Everyday Heroes - September 23, 2011
- Enter the world of melodrama — as it was really done — in School of Drama’s ‘The Two Orphans’ - April 23, 2009
- Three Sisters - November 16, 2019 to December 8, 2019
- As You Like It - February 7, 2017 to February 19, 2017
- The Octavia - January 8, 2017 - 11:00am to 6:30pm
- The Cradle Will Rock - October 28, 2015 to November 8, 2015
- Once Upon a Time 6X in the West - April 17, 2013 to April 28, 2013
- Harp Song for a Radical - October 26, 2011 to November 6, 2011
- The Two Orphans - April 26, 2009 to May 10, 2009