*******THIS IS NOT A PUBLIC EVENT*********
This is a private event for graduates and their loved ones. If you have questions about this event, please email email@example.com.
If you are a School of Drama BA, MFA, or PhD, or a Musical Theater major who will receive your degree between Summer 2020 and Autumn 2021, you are invited to participate in the School of Drama graduation ceremony. This year's ceremony is a virtual event. Graduates and Drama faculty and staff will be sent a link on Monday June 7th to join via Zoom. Friends and family of graduates should have already received the YouTube link to view the ceremony. Your invitation will come directly from your graduate. Please check with them if you do not have the link.
Keynote speaker: UW Drama alum Ada Limón (BA 1998)
Ada Limón, a current Guggenheim fellow, is the author of five poetry collections, including The Carrying, which won the National Book Critics Circle Award for Poetry.
Faculty speaker: Kelly Kitchens
Student speaker: Jeremy Steckler
KUDOBOARD: Wish the class of 2021 well by contributing to their Kudoboard!
- Do I have to wear a cap and gown? No. You may wear whatever you like. Some students do choose to wear cap and gown, but most do not. For information on purchasing a cap and gown to be shipped to your home, visit the UW Graduation website.
- Can I invite guests? Yes! Each student can invite as many guests as they would like. Graduates have already received the email invitation and YouTube link from Eloise Boyle.
- Do the tickets cost money? No.
- What is the platform for graduation? Graduates, faculty & staff will be sent a link on Monday, June 7th that they can use to join the ceremony via Zoom. Invited guests will view the ceremony via a YouTube livestream. The link to the YouTube livestream has been emailed to all graduates from Eloise Boyle.
- Will I receive my actual diploma? No. You will receive a personalized certificate from the School of Drama in the mail in advance of our ceremony, along with some other celebratory items. Official diplomas come from UW and are delivered by mail following graduation.
- Can I participate in more than one commencement ceremony? Yes. You can participate in the School of Drama graduation as well as the main University of Washington commencement on June 12th. (Register for UW Commencement here.) If you have multiple majors or are earning multiple degrees, you may also participate in multiple departmental ceremonies. It's up to you which ceremonies you choose to attend.