Computers for Student Use
Computers can be found in the following locations within the School of Drama buildings:
Hutchinson Hall (Click for map)
- Student Lounge - Room 116: Four PC computers for general use. Installed software include Microsoft Office.
- Drama Library - Room 145: A variety of computers provided by UW Libraries.
- Design Studio - Room 155: Ten iMac computers for design use. Installed software include Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, AutoCAD, and Vectorworks. These computers are located beside drafting tables, allowing for mixed-use. [Classes are periodically held in Room 155; check calendar posted on door for schedule].
- Computer Lounge - Room 163: Two PC computers and 2 Mac computer, one wide-format (42") printer, and one B&W printer. Installed software includes Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, Qlab, Vectorworks, and AutoCAD.
- Graduate Office - Room 303: One desktop computer and one printer, for use by School of Drama graduate students only.
Hughes Penthouse Theatre (map):
- Two Apple computers in editing room, each with Final Cut Pro and Motion. Check out required through Drama Office, 101 Hutchinson Hall (typical hours 10:00 AM to 12:00 and 1:00 to 4:00 PM).
Floyd and Delores Jones Playhouse Theatre (map)
- Green Room: One PC computer is provided for use by actors and crew.
Equipment for Checkout
The School of Drama has a variety of equipment to enhance teaching, including:
- Digital projector
- High Definition Video Cameras
If you are interested in checking out any of this equipment, contact the UW School of Drama Office. Checkout typically takes about 5 minutes for minimal paperwork and for staff to retrieve the equipment from storage. Please plan ahead and reserve the equipment to ensure availability. If you are unfamiliar with the equipment, you may pre-arrange a brief tutorial from Drama IT Staff.
Please do not show up moments before a class is to start, ask for equipment that you have never used before, which you have not reserved, then expect that it will be up and running in time for your class.