The deadline has now passed for 2021 admissions.
Preference is given to applicants with MA/MFA degrees and theatre experience but those who hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university are eligible to apply.
Applicants submit the following materials on line at: http://grad.uw.edu/admissions/apply-now/
- An essay or thesis chapter representative of the applicant's best scholarly work.
- A current résumé of training and experience in your field.
- A statement of purpose including educational and professional goals.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- One set of unofficial transcripts.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) test scores, while normally required, are waived this year due to COVID-19.
International applications must meet minimum TOEFL scores and other Graduate School requirements.
The application deadline for the Ph.D. program is February 1, 2021. Application materials submitted after that date may be reviewed but will not receive priority consideration.
For additional information about the PhD program, contact Professor Scott Magelssen via email at email@example.com
If you have any questions about the application procedure, please contact the School of Drama's graduate program assistant at (206)543-0714 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please also see our page on tuition and financial aid.