- Building security, housekeeping, maintenance
- Costume shop after hours rules
- Student Health Insurance (not for ASEs)
- Student Counseling Center
- School of Drama Policies
Everyone - student, staff and faculty - is ultimately responsible for his/her own safety.
- UW Safety Portal - The UW has a website focused on campus safety and emergency preparedness, with links to dozens of resources. Visit the site to familiarize yourself with information on fire and evacuation, hazardous materials, lab safety, training, and more before an emergency or need arises. You also will find a link to sign up for the UW Alert text and email message service, to be notified of emergencies or crisis situations that may disrupt the normal operation of the UW.
- Safe Campus - The SafeCampus website provides information on counseling and safety resources, University policies, and violence reporting requirements that help the UW maintain a safe personal, work, and learning environment. They offer violence prevention and response training workshops (dates listed on their web site), required training for all UW faculty and staff every two years.
- There are first aid kits in various places throughout the School. In Hutchinson, there are kits in both lounges. If one of them is empty, please report it to the main office, so we can replenish it.
- UW's accident report form - If you have an accident or are injured, please remember to report it. Include near misses, hazardous conditions, and accidents or injuries involving employees, students, UW volunteers working on or off campus, or members of the public visiting campus. Call EH&S immediately at 206.543.7262 if the incident involves any of the following: In-patient hospitalization, recombinant/synthetic DNA exposure or spill; fatality
- Night ride - If you live to the west, north or east, within a mile of campus and you stay on campus after dark, take NightRide home. The NightRide shuttle takes you from campus right to your front door, U-PASS holders ride for free.
- Husky NightWalk - A uniformed guard assistance program that uses full-time security guards to assist students, staff, and faculty members to various locations on campus and within a one-mile radius off campus. (206)685-WALK.
- The School of Drama has a safety committee composed of Josie Gardner (chair), Kathy Burch, Cathy Madden, Anne Stewart, and Alex Danilchik. Any safety problem can be reported to any one of these people.
- The School of Drama has a Safety and Health Plan, as well as: Attachment A - emergency plan coordination by building, Attachment B - New employee safety orientation and Attachment C - emergency procedures (these are PDF files).
- Emergency Evacuation Operations Plan for Hutchinson Hall (PDF)
Security should be a concern to all faculty, students and staff at the School. Access to the building after hours is available by having your Husky card swiped at the front desk of Hutchinson 101. All doors and windows must be closed when you leave a room, even if you know someone is coming in right after you.
If you see someone who doesn't belong - call 911 immediately and report it to the main office ASAP. Email email@example.com if after hours.
Starting in fall 2014, the UW no longer will no longer offer the Student Health Insurance Plan. Medicaid and Healthcare Exchanges has information on buying insurance.
The Counseling Center exists to support UW students in all aspects of their development. They provide personal counseling, career counseling, study skills assistance, and other services to currently-enrolled UW students. The Counseling Center also provides consultation to faculty, staff, and parents who have concerns about a student.
The School of Drama has official policies on all aspects of work here.