Current UW students with work-study awards:
The School of Drama has an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in arts marketing, social media, communications, and fundraising. The Social Media and Engagement Assistant is a critical member of our three-person engagement team, working to help promote productions in the School of Drama's public season and assist with other marketing, communications, and fundraising-related tasks. No previous experience with theatre is necessary. This position is open to current UW students with work-study awards ONLY. The rate of pay is $16.39/hr.
Primary duties include managing and generating content for the School’s social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube) in collaboration with the Director of Engagement and the Constituent Relations Officer. Additional duties will include various projects relating to marketing, public relations, event coordination, and fundraising. Depending on the skills of the individual, position may include assisting with creation/distribution of editorial content and e-newsletters, digital content creation, community outreach, audience research, creation of show programs and lobby displays, event coordination, photography, patron correspondence, distribution of marketing materials, data entry, filing, and mailings. This position includes some evening and weekend work.
- Self-motivated individual with strong initiative who brings creative ideas to the table
- Must be flexible in a fast- paced setting and able to work under deadline pressure
- Must be detail-oriented
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office for PC
- Strong knowledge and aptitude for social media platforms, especially Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
- Flexibility and willingness to do mundane as well as creative assignments
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Premiere Pro or similar video editing software helpful
- Experience or interest in photography, videography, and/or digital content creation extremely helpful
Student will attain basic knowledge of marketing, public relations, and fundraising in the arts. This person will also learn how to prioritize projects in a very busy, deadline-driven office. Our department works as a complete team and this student will learn how to work and participate within that team.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email the following to Director of Engagement Holly Arsenault:
- Your resumé
- One to three paragraphs explaining why you are interested in this position, what you hope to learn, and any special skills or aptitudes that you feel you will bring to the position.
- Contact information for two professional references, such as past employers, volunteer managers, teachers, etc. Please do not use family members as references.
This position is open until filled, so apply today!