Jennifer Zeyl (Set and Costume Designer) is a Seattle-based Theatre-Maker. Since 2004, she has designed for Seattle Repertory Theatre (My Name is Rachel Corrie, boom), ACT Theatre (The Mojo and the Say-so), Intiman Theatre (Heartbreak House), Seattle Children’s’ Theatre (The BFG, I Was a Rat), The Empty Space (Louis Slotin Sonata), Benaroya Hall (Brundibar), The Village Theatre (Little Shop of Horrors), Washington Ensemble Theatre (13 Shows including Crave, Finer Noble Gases and Crumbs are Also Bread), Seattle Shakespeare Company (Winter’s Tale), Hand2Mouth Theatre (Project X), New Century Theatre Company (Adding Machine), Deus X Machina (UnRegistered) and Book-it Repertory (Little Women, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues) among others.
A Founder and Co-Artistic Director (2004-2008) of Washington Ensemble Theatre (The Ensemble), Jennifer serves on the Board of Directors of the National Network of Ensemble Theatres (NET) and The Committee of the Whole at Smoke Farm, an interdisciplinary artist’s residency facility.
The recipient of 2006 Stranger Genius Award in Theatre, she was named “Best Scenic Designer in Seattle” by Seattle Weekly in 2005 and received two 2006 Seattle Times Footlight Awards for her designs of Winter’s Tale at Seattle Shakespeare Company and Swimming in the Shallows for The Ensemble. Local directing credits include In Disdress and In Disdress Now: REDUX by Marya Sea Kaminski, 100 Heartbreaks and Here’s What Happened, with “Awesome” the Band and blahblahblahBANG! A Pistol Fit in One Act: an original adaptation of Hedda Gabler commissioned by On the Boards. Jennifer holds a MFA in scenery design from the University of Washington and a BFA in theatre design and directing from the University of Rhode Island.
- UW Drama Family Members Nominated for Seattle Theater Writers Awards - January 29, 2019
- Professor Valerie Curtis-Newton Featured on KUOW - February 10, 2016
- Alumni News—October 2015 - October 20, 2015
- Faculty and Alumni Achievements, Fall 2015 - October 12, 2015
- Alumni News, February 2015 - February 17, 2015
- Alumni News: January 2015 - January 20, 2015
- Alumni News - August 2014 - August 12, 2014
- MFA Designer Roundtable - August 11, 2014
- Alumni Jennifer Zeyl & Melanie Taylor Burgess excel in Stu for Silverton - July 23, 2013
- The Cradle Will Rock - October 28, 2015 to November 8, 2015